Want to get accredited? AFRA offers two accreditations types to meet your business expertise: Disassembly and Recycling. Submit the AFRA Audit Application to begin the process.
The Accreditation Process
Apply for Accreditation
Submit the AFRA Audit Application to begin the process.
Contact AFRA Staff Associate David Bernstein at dbernstein@AFRAassociation.org with any questions about the process.
Schedule Your Audit
Once your application has been accepted, AFRA staff will work with your company and the auditor to set up your audit date. The date will vary depending on availability.
Your company is responsible for the auditor’s travel fees associated with your audit. However, when audits are scheduled in tandem with other nearby companies, you may be able to share travel fees with other companies being audited.
Complete the Checklist
All companies will be required to complete the Audit Checklist (Appendix Two of the BMP) in order to have the application accepted by AFRA.
- Certificate is valid for three (3)
- The initial accreditation period consists of a total of three (3)
- AFRA will contact you to schedule an on-site audit.
- It is not required for a disassembly to be witnessed during the initial audit.
- If the initial audit does not take place during a disassembly, one of the surveillance audits must coincide with a disassembly.
- Company must provide the auditor with the completed Quality Manual and Checklist relevant to the audit by two weeks prior.
- Accredited companies that are not currently AFRA members may join as a member with a discount of 50% off of the first year dues and a waived join fee.
- Company is responsible for travel expenses incurred for each audit.