The Aircraft Fleet Recycling Association (AFRA) is the leading global organization for developing and promoting the safe and sustainable management of end-of-life aircraft and components.
Established in 2006, AFRA is a membership-based global collaboration to elevate industry performance and increase commercial value for end-of-service aircraft. AFRA represents companies from across the globe and throughout the supply-chain – from manufacturers to materials recyclers. Through the collective experience of its members, AFRA’s Best Management Practice (BMP) Guide has significantly improved the management of end-of-life aircraft in terms of environmental and sustainable performance.
AFRA’s Core Values:
- Quality: AFRA practices continuous improvement in all activities striving to meet or exceed industry standards and achieve excellence
- Integrity: AFRA conducts all business transaction lawfully and to the highest ethical standards
- Safety: AFRA understands the safety of employees, our communities and passengers is paramount and our practices and standards always promote safety first
- Inclusion & Collaboration: AFRA strives to include all stakeholders in aviation in all activities conducted by AFRA
- Environmental Stewardship: AFRA aims to protect the environment and reduce our industry’s impact on critical resources through the product life cycle