The Aircraft Fleet Recycling Association (AFRA) is the leading global organization for developing and promoting the safe and sustainable management of circularity of components and aircraft in the aviation sector.
Established in 2006, AFRA is a membership-based global collaboration to elevate industry performance and increase commercial value for end-of-service aircraft. AFRA represents companies from across the globe and throughout the supply-chain – from manufacturers to materials recyclers. Through the collective experience of its members, AFRA’s Best Management Practice (BMP) Guide has significantly improved the management of end-of-life aircraft in terms of environmental and sustainable performance.
AFRA’s Core Values:
- Quality: AFRA practices continuous improvement in all activities striving to meet or exceed industry standards and achieve excellence
- Integrity: AFRA conducts all business transaction lawfully and to the highest ethical standards
- Safety: AFRA understands the safety of employees, our communities and passengers is paramount and our practices and standards always promote safety first
- Inclusion & Collaboration: AFRA strives to include all stakeholders in aviation in all activities conducted by AFRA
- Environmental Stewardship: AFRA aims to protect the environment and reduce our industry’s impact on critical resources through the product life cycle